Please be advised that the Ready, Willing and Able contract ended in July 2016, and the program is scheduled to resume at a later date.
This FREE employment and vocational support program is for persons with disabilities. The program works with adults with disabilities who are currently unemployed and interested in employment opportunities, vocational options, development of work skills and work experience. On-the-job support and coaching are provided for a period of time to facilitate integration and work success. Components of this service include:
- Identifying strengths and barriers to securing and/or maintaining employment.
- Gaining necessary skills or qualifications for a job.
- Developing resume writing, job search, interview skills, social/life skills and conflict resolution.
- Understanding and tapping into the “hidden” job market.
- Providing one-to-one “on-the-job” support.
Representatives from the Ready, Willing and Able Program work with employers to create unique work prospects that allow people with disabilities opportunities previously not available through traditional employment programs.
To be eligible for this program, individuals (16 years of age or older) with a disability must be a resident of the Region of Peel, who have not been on Employment Insurance for the past three years.