Services (in both official languages) within this FREE program, funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General, include individual counselling, group counselling, e-counselling and phone counselling for men over the age of 16 who have experienced historical or recent sexual abuse.
As the LEAD AGENCY, Family Services of Peel has partnered with the following organizations to ensure that counselling services are available across the Central Region.
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
- Catholic Community Services of York Region
- Catholic Family Services of Durham
- Catholic Family Services of Peel-Dufferin
- Catholic Family Services of Simcoe County
- Catholic Family Services of Toronto
- Family Service Toronto
- Family Services Durham
- Horizon Counselling, Consulting and Training
- Native Child and Family Services of Toronto
- New Path Youth and Family Services
- Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Services of Halton
- Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Centre of Peel (Hope Place)
- United Achievers’ Community Services Inc.
- York Region Abuse Program
For more information or to book an appointment, please call the Toll-Free Intake number: 1-855-505-5205.
In addition to individual counselling, group counselling and phone counselling, Family Services of Peel is pleased to announce that e-counselling is now available for the Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse program.
To access this service, you must be registered in the Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse program. If you are not a client then please call our Toll-Free Intake number at 1-855-505-5205 for the enrolment process.
The Intake Department will guide you through the process of registering online for the e-counselling service.
Family Services of Peel also provides a Closed Group to male survivors of childhood sexual abuse. This therapeutic group offers participants an opportunity to manage feelings of anger, build support and resilience, reconnect and move out of social isolation, reframe relationships and intimacy and learn to move forward after trauma through Self-Care. For specific group dates please call our Intake Department at 905-453-5775.