The objective of the Youth Opportunities Program is to:
- help youth overcome barriers to employment,
- help youth develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market, and
- promote education and skills as being key to labour market participation.
Eligibility requirements for this FREE program:
- Youths aged 15 to 30 (inclusive).
- Must be unemployed, not on Employment Insurance, and not registered with another youth employment program with any other agency.
- A Canadian citizen, or permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, have a Picture ID, and a SIN Card valid for employment.
- Resident of Peel Region.
- Eligible and registered participants will ONLY be paid for the hours that they attend the program, for up to 19 weeks.
- Participants will receive training and learn valuable on-the-job skills to ensure work experience success.
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion upon program completion.
The Youth Opportunities Program is on a first come, first served basis. For more information or the enrollment process, please call 905-270-2250 or 905-453-5775.
Please click here to download the brochure.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada