Coordinator – Employment Services
Full-time, expected duration to November 1, 2017
Temporary, to cover a leave of absence
Day/evening/weekend hours required
Family Services of Peel is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
As part of the Employment Ontario Services (EOS) team, the Coordinator will assist individuals to identify their employment goals, develop a service plan and coach them through the job search process. The Coordinator provides individual employment counselling and group facilitation in career exploration, goal setting, skills and qualification assessment, written job search tool development, and interview and employment preparation. Coordinators also provide job retention assistance for those clients who need additional coaching and mentoring in order to maintain employment or to make the next step on their career path. A strong customer service approach is essential in this position.
- Manage a caseload assisted job seekers
- Provide services in all aspects of the job search process except job development
- Develop individualized service plans with job seekers. Support, monitor and adjust service plans throughout and follow-up with individuals through to exit
- Conduct regular employment counselling sessions with all participants, adjusting their service plans to meet their service and employability needs
- Provide career exploration, identification and clarification of skills, education, experience and aptitudes in relation to short and long term career and employment goals through individual career counselling and group facilitation
- Coach clients to increase skills in job search strategies, research and self marketing and presentation. Provide coaching in life skills that support successful employment
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients in increasing job readiness skills, through effective job search strategies
- Administer and interpret employability tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients (if required)
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further vocational, language, literacy training or upgrading and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Provide support, referrals and guidance to clients in assessing their qualifications against job requirements and access to professional accreditation, language credentials and prior learning assessments
- Provide supported referral and access to other services including but not limited to education and training
- Provide education and guidance regarding the Second Career application process and be responsible for processing and overseeing the complete assembly of the application and writing the summary report rational document for all Second Career clients on caseload
- Develop and deliver job search workshops
- Collaborate with job developer regarding appropriate job placement and matching for clients
- Utilize the EOIS system for registering, tracking, updating records of activities, conducting follow up interviews with clients and monitoring and reviewing reports
- Document all participant case notes including decisions, rationale and activities in EOIS (Employment Ontario database) as well as physical files as per EO requirements
- Provide assistance to both Resource and Information and assisted clients in workshops and in the Computer Lab
- Provide ongoing follow-up support to ensure participants are linked-back into service or other interventions after participant has exited the program
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Employment Services Team
- Manage scheduling of appointments and other administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant post secondary education (degree or diploma) in a field related to Career Counselling
- A minimum of two (2) years paid work experience in the career services sector
- Extensive knowledge of Employment Services, specifically MTCU programs and services
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all team members
- Strong career assessment skills and a high level of comfort with the administration and interpretation of the tools
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian labour market
- Excellent group workshop facilitation skills and experience delivering employment workshops to diverse groups
- Sound knowledge of adult education principles
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), on-line employment tools, and customized employment software. Experience using CaMS is an asset
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Capable of handling and prioritizing a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a broad range of career and workplace issues and with diverse cultures
- Proficiency at report writing
- Superior verbal and written command of the English language
- Knowledge of Mississauga / Peel Region job search, education and community resources preferred
- Additional language(s) an asset
- Flexibility to work days/evenings/weekends
This is a temporary job to backfill a leave of absence and as such, the duration cannot be guaranteed.
We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Please forward your letter of interest and résumé by May 23, 2017 to:
Human Resources Department
Family Services of Peel
Job # 0517-01
151 City Centre Drive, Suite 501
Mississauga ON, L5B 1M7
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Family Services of Peel is a community-based Agency that works to strengthen families, couples and individuals through counselling, education and support services. To ensure the highest standards of service for our clients, our staff are experienced and qualified professionals who reflect the richness of our diverse community. Our Counsellors adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Counselling and Social Work profession. We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our Agency and our range of programs and services. www.fspeel.org
Family Services of Peel is committed to developing a staff team that reflects the community in which we work, and the people we serve.
An equal opportunity employer, it is Family Services of Peel’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of qualifications. In accordance with privacy legislation, by submitting your application you are providing your consent for the recruiter to conduct employment references.
As a member of this dynamic Agency, staff will be asked to undertake and lead special assignments. This may include participation in fundraising, strategic planning, and other related activities which contribute to the continuous transformation of Family Services of Peel.