Adult Protective Service Worker
This program assists individuals in developing and implementing personal individual support plans for adults who have developmental disabilities, and to enhance their ability to live independently in their community. An individual service plan is developed in conjunction with the client and the Worker to achieve identified goals.
Please click here
to view our Adult Protective Service Worker brochure
Supported Independent Living
Support services are provided to individuals (18 years of age and older) who have a developmental disability diagnosis. Areas of assistance include development of independent daily living skills, budgeting and parenting skills. Assistance is also available to support the individual in dealing with the medical system and other services.
Examples of support include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with finding housing.
- Developing the person’s skills with respect to managing their money.
- Helping someone connect with community resources, such as recreation centres and clubs.
- Assistance with legal and court related issues.
- Support with parenting.
- Help with developing lifestyle plans.
- Help in developing goals.
Interpretive services are available.
For more information on these programs,
please call 905-453-5775