Are you interested in working at an organization that is committed to excellence and adds value to the community? Family Services of Peel is a progressive, multi-service Agency offering a dynamic work environment and culture. To ensure the highest standards of service for our clients and community, our staff are experienced and qualified professionals who reflect the richness of our diverse community. We offer our staff ongoing professional development and training, opportunities for advancement, and a competitive salary. We encourage you to review our current job postings and invite you to submit your resume and letter of interest. Please check back soon again if there are no vacancies currently posted. Family Services of Peel is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified persons. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Facilitator - Supported Independent Living (SIL)
- Full Time and Part Time available
- Full Time: 35 hours per week
- Part Time: 17.5 hours per week
- $43, 706 (pro-rated to .50 FTE for part-time job)
Job Reference #
- March 22, 2020
- Please note: Applications will not be accepted past March 22, 2020.
- To provide personal support to adults with a developmental disability in supported individual living settings. The objective is to implement an Individual Support Plan for continued independent living and client enjoyment of a lifestyle which promotes participation, friendships and citizenship in the community.
- To coordinate cases, intake and assessment
- To develop, implement and provide services based on and reflective of person-centred planning, self-determination and choice
- To ensure that clients receive the contracted hours of support as identified
- To develop and maintain a trusting and empowering relationship with the client
- To facilitate the continued development of skills necessary to live independently and safely
- To ensure safe and suitable living arrangements
- To plan for clients’ changing needs as a result of aging, medical, and/or psycho-social needs
- To develop opportunities for increased inclusion within in clients’ respective communities, as well as creating opportunities for increased friendships and affiliations
- To provide clients and caregivers with community information and service referrals
- To facilitate crisis intervention for clients (abuse, post-traumatic stress, panic situations, suicidal ideation or other critical incidents) advocate and support clients or refer them to other resources
- To ensure clients get to appointments and services when required
- To meet all service delivery standards
- To maintain case files with historical and current information regarding clients’ status, assessment, service plans, service provided, outcome and evaluation, and all case notes
- To provide statistical and incident information to manager for monthly and quarterly reports
- To write letters or memos regarding service
- To participate in providing information, and contributing to special reports, proposals or projects
- To attend all required training: e.g. Social Role Valorization, Personal Outcome Measures, First Aid and CPR, CPI, and other training as relevant
- To comply with current Ministry serious occurrence reporting and guidelines
- To participate in team meetings and provide input and ideas for improving services.
- To contribute to team assignments and projects
- To maintain confidentiality for all matters related to Agency work in accordance with relevant Agency policies and procedures
- To participate in orientation and training of placement students
- To perform other relevant duties as assigned, for team or Agency
- Bachelors level degree in related field and/or community college diploma specific to developmental disabilities
- Experience required
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with a dual diagnosis (complex mental health needs and developmental disability)
- Current 1st Aid and CPR certification
- Superior written and oral command of the English language
- Strong communication skills, including presentations
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and data bases
- Demonstrated efforts to continuously update skills
- Ability to work day, evening and week-end hours
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License in good standing, a clean driving record, appropriate insurance and a vehicle are required for this position.
- Flexibility to work at a variety of locations throughout Peel region
- Additional language(s) an asset
Family Services of Peel is a community-based Agency that works to strengthen families, couples and individuals through counselling, education and support services. Our Counsellors adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Counselling and Social Work profession.
Family Services of Peel is committed to developing a staff team that reflects the community in which we work, and the people we serve. Family Services of Peel is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of qualifications and in accordance with privacy legislation. By submitting your application, you are providing your consent for the recruiter to conduct employment references.
Please forward your letter of interest and résumé by March 22, 2020:
Human Resources Department
Family Services of Peel
Reference competition 0320-01-SIL in subject line
151 City Centre Drive, Suite 501
Mississauga ON, L5B 1M7
Fax: (416) 352 – 5396 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org