Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Ally, Pansexual.
In spite of growing cultural acceptance of diverse sexual orientations and gender identifications, oppression and discrimination of the LGBTTQQIAAP community continues. Coping with discrimination and oppression and coming out to one’s family, can lead to higher risk for depression and other mental health conditions. Individual counselling specifically to individuals from the LGBTTQQIAAP community is available.
You can address issues such as:
- Dealing with discrimination and social rejection
- Verbal, sexual and physical abuse
- Questioning one’s sexual identity
- “Coming out”
- Family members seeking information on how to support gay family members
- Teenagers experiencing interpersonal challenges
For more information, please call our Intake Department at 905-453-5775.