Partner Assault Response (PAR) program is a program that addresses violence in intimate partner relationships with the aim of enhancing victim safety and increasing offender accountability.
In conjunction with Ontario’s Domestic Violence Court and Probation and Parole, PAR specializes in group therapy, counseling and psycho-educational services. The PAR Program is a 12 week counselling program designed to assist participants, who committed an assault or similar offence against their partners, to stop their abusive and controlling behaviours.
Topics discussed include:
- Assessment: narrative, context of precipitating events
- Exploring healthy relationships
- Exploring Multi-Causal Model of Domestic Violence: individual, family, societal factors
- Discussing anger triggers (internal cues: psychological and physiological changes)
- Exploring power and control issues in relationships
- Discussing gender roles, men and abuse
- Exploring family of origin issues as these relate to partner assault
- Exploring short and long term effects of partner assault
For more information, please call our Intake Department at 905-453-5775.